View Single Post
Old 2011-11-23, 11:38   Link #3325
Cao Ni Ma

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsuspectingvisitor View Post
It doesn't matter whether the shooter was close to the victim though. If they had a sawed-off winchester rifle with normal rounds. It doesn't make any difference.

I think Large Caliber rounds can't do that kinda of damage. If the shooter was close enough to the target then there's suppose to be a large gaping hole in the victims head. But what Battler saw was a Head half destroyed. Also the Winchester rifle can't carry a large caliber round to begin with.

its appropriate to think that someone else smashed half of their heads
First, yes they can use large caliber rounds and magnum versions of them that have much larger force behind them. These rifles probably aren't original versions and instead are updated versions made by different manufacturers that allow these rounds to be used. We can get a clue of Kinzo using replicas and whatever with the stakes so the same could apply to the rifles.

Second, A magnum round has a lot of force behind it. I can see it ripping a head apart really easy. The issue was always about getting it to smash only half of the head and leave the other half relatively fine.

Third, if you want to go hyper realistic with this. A head exit wound, even from a pistol is pretty nasty. Far nastier than the pretty little gunshot wounds that these characters suffered. So we can, of course leave it at author incompetence in the matter.

e- Exit wound ballistics are pretty funky depending on the rifle, i dont know how much spin these rifles put on the round but I've known cases of hitting someone in the chest and having the round come out of their leg basically taken it out completely.

Last edited by Cao Ni Ma; 2011-11-23 at 12:06.