View Single Post
Old 2012-12-17, 19:38   Link #6666
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
What I mean is that for every action take by any group, something will have to change. And that is what doesn’t happen here. Yeah the good guys don’t want to rule the world or whatever but if they have a hold of the enemy most precious thing: why the bad guys aren’t even trying to take it back?
Because they can't. Trying to do so would risk a full-on war with the TSAB... something the Hucks want to avoid at all costs. And Curren/Karen is convinced Thoma will come back to them voluntarily.

Quote:
And even so why the good guys aren’t trying to see if they can study the Silver Cross to stop the Eclipse?
What makes you think they aren't? Remember how Shari got data on the forwards as they trained? Nanoha is training him, and you can bet they are getting tons of data on him and the Eclipse.

Quote:
they just let a 15 years old go around with the Lost Logia like is some kind of iPad. Even letting him go near other people when they don’t know if he can explode or do something, so I am assuming the thing isn’t important anymore because of how is being deal with.
Honestly, while some of your gripes hold at least a little basis, this one doesn't. They are monitoring him, but there's no chance he's going to explode. Lily keeps the Eclipse under control, and is, for intents and purposes, a cure. He's still infected, but it poses no real issue.

And, FYI, they let a 9 year old go around with a weapon of mass destruction in S1.

Quote:
Things that happen off screen is pointless. Because if it doesn’t get focus is for a reason and when you can use it as an explanation of what happen in the main plot is just lazy writing that didn’t knew how to fit all the parts. That is why I say is odd, because it feels like the author forget about it and they just bring it on later.
What would you have them do? Show a few chapters of them sitting around in a room, going through records and paper and not finding anything? How would you handle the investigation, putting yourself in their shoes?

Quote:
The investigation itself is very put aside. This creates the feeling of mystery, right? So why is all the investigation show rather like off camera? I mean how is that the TSAB knows they are call Hückebein but doesn’t seem to know who are their members? Did they just went in to every single town and proclaim: “We are the Hückebein” kind of like Jail being so kind to put his name on the drones so Fate could find it? I mean that things are solve rather fast or being present with troubles to fit the plot. That is what is call “plot convenience”
The TSAB *does* know who the members are. It's quite evident that the Bureau is aware of this mercenary group that has been operating on the fringes for some time, and only now is Hayate finally moving against it. Note that they don't have evidence on everything the Hucks have done. If you'll note Signum's fight with Cypha, the latter informs the former that, yes, the Hucks did wipe out a town.

And Jail putting his name on things, is because he has a huge ego. Not a plot convenience.

Quote:
but we later learn that were the fake Hückebein because we see Arnage and Veyron stopping the fake Hückebein when they do just that and even show some feeling over the fact they just kill a lot of people when until that point they didn’t even care. So were the fake Hückebein just going around saying they were the originals? If that is the case, why? To lead the TSAB to the Hückebein and not to the fake ones? But if they are all Eclipse Drivers why they will want to make the TSAB hear about the Eclipse in the first place? But ok, they might want them to eliminate the Hückebein for them so why isn’t Vandin actually helping the TSAB and is the other company doing the job? Fine maybe explain later.
I think you might be a bit confused here. The "fake Huckbein" you are referring to weren't trying to pretend to be the Hucks at all. They are just another group of infectees. So I'm not sure what you're asking here.

And Vandin's motives are a bit shrouded in mystery, but that's natural. We didn't know Precia's motives until near the end. We didn't know Jail's real motives until near the end. This is fairly standard story-telling, for a villain to keep his real motives a secret. I'm not sure why you have a problem with it, since you've come through S1 and StrikerS.

Quote:
But on the TSAB side: they did found the lab on Ruwella where Thoma take the Silver Cross while there were on another planet blowing something up and revealing they didn’t find the Silver Cross there. So how did they get to know about the Silver Cross on the first place? If they were already chasing the labs on other planets how is that they don’t have anything on Vandin up until that point when it’s clear there is an organization behind it. I mean the tech, the people… I can’t buy none of them talk or at some point Hayate didn’t just call Verossa to read their minds for a few seconds. So they didn’t make a connection between the Hückebein and the guys making Eclipse Drivers? If they realize there were two different teams then why they never try to track down anything back to the source and we didn’t even get to see what happen to the people on the lab ever again.
Look, you're just gonna have to accept that you aren't going to be shown everything. I'm not sure why you think the point about wanting to know when they knew about the silver cross book, to be something to get obsessed over. Honestly, I'd be surprised if they didn't have any intelligence prior to this.

But it is established that they don't have anything on Vandin yet (as of the translated volumes I have access to). They didn't even really know he was involved, and it's not surprising. If he's trying to actively hide his involvement (which is sounds like he is), then the Bureau may not be too sure. They know someone is making Eclipse stuff, just not who. It's partly why they want to get their hands on the Hucks and other Eclipse infectees, to see who is doing this.

It's up to the writer to establish what his characters do and do not know going into a story. It's not something to get hung up over, because it's a fair thing for a writer to do. I do it myself all the time, with my stories. You have to establish a base line somewhere, so as long as you do so, it's perfectly normal.

There are some things to question and issues to criticize, but this isn't one, sorry.

Quote:
Later when we find out that Vandin is behind it all they say there is something suspicions about Hardis when they discover: that his company was experimenting with a deathly virus without telling anybody, creating copies of deadly weapons, experimenting on living human beings and lying on the face to their investigators when they ask who attack them… I will say that is more than enough to put you in jail, but here we need to wait so the 3 guys who we just pick up train and join the SD6 either they want to or not. I mean… is this the mystery? That Hardis was bad? It was obvious. And why is he doing this? Well that is the mystery because his actions don’t make any sense at all. He let the TSAB put him on jail, he let the Grendels fool him and he betray the Hückebein… I do hope we get something out of it.
As I said, I can't comment too much on the latest chapters, because I haven't read translated versions, so I'd only be going off second and third-hand summaries, which may not be entirely accurate. But I think you're really getting too upset over things which are perfectly logical not to know at this time. Your questions will be answered, but you just need patience. It's hard, I know, with a once-a-month manga, but that's what we have. Especially since we are also short on translated chapters.

On that note...

Aki, look at things this way:

We have 20 translated volumes. Not sure how many we're up to with the untranslated ones, but I'll go with 30. With a normal weekly manga, that would 6-7 months of story(if we go with 30). If it was once-a-week, you honestly would be satisfied with the pace.

But really, the pace does seem slow, because it comes out Once. A. Month. And sometimes it skips a month. That's a long time to wait, and it will make things seem longer in your mind. It's the difference between watching a pot boil, and doing something fun while the pot heats up. One will seem faster than the other.

That's why you have and Sansker have lots of questions. I do, too. But the series has BARELY gotten started. Did you want to know the entire plot upon the completion of the second episode of A's? Did you demand that they explain all? Did you think A's had a lot of problems because it didn't explain everything in episode 3?

Or did you sit and wait to watch the rest of the series to to watch as everything unfolded?

Your presents are sitting under the Christmas tree, but goddamn... wait until Christmas. No amount of whining about wanting to know what's in them, will change the time frame between now and then.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote