View Single Post
Old 2009-07-30, 20:45   Link #217
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

I have personally found KyoAni’s tactic in submitting repetitive episodes intriguing. They’re truly a company to be reckoned with that explores territories that no other company would tread. It really makes me ponder the underlining intentions of all this. Honestly, why would a company who has gained so much popularity be so asinine and screw themselves over on purpose?

If this is purly for money making, I guess they could get there way (at least from the diehard faithful Kyoani fans that'll buy any product they produce). If they did this purly for artistic purposes it brings arise to the inherent problem of treating any piece of art simply like any other generic commodity and going down the mass-production route; it inevitably cheapens its value both individually and overall.

In any case, controversy is always a great topic and will bring in more publicity (which it certainly has in this case). In my opinion, this endless eight direction was theoretically win, but in practice has been quite lackluster.