View Single Post
Old 2011-10-20, 19:17   Link #840
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
I would not say so Shieky. Perhaps it would be better if I stated technique instead of an ability. When I think of technique/ability I think Teresa's sensory ability, Raftela's mind hax, or Irene's quick sword. As we have seen all Claymores can suppress their yoki, it is just that Priscilla kept is suppressed.

Priscilla took on Teresa with no special ability, a few months of combat experience, and almost no experience with her limit.
I think I get you better -- you were vague before when you said she had no special power.

Still, I wouldn't underestimate suppression as a whole -- this isn't character bias coming out of my mouth but, overall, it is an extremely practical core ability that usually gives you, at the very least, a slight edge over just about any opponent. That they cannot sense you, regardless if it's general or (in the case of Prissy's super-strong natural suppression) special-sensory like Teresa, makes you almost invisible and, if all else fails, you can escape without detection.

Think of how suppression has helped the Ghosts in evading Riful or fighting Agatha...it's a core ability that everyone has to at least some degree, yes, but no one can deny it's effectiveness. Priscilla was picked purely for the Slayers mission after all, only because of it -- even more so then she had the potential to surpass Teresa; if she merely had the potential, they wouldn't have even bothered.

But yes, it's not necessarily a sword technique that's unique or 'cool'; it's just a standard skill but merely natural and vastly multiplied, so I think I get what you were trying to say.