View Single Post
Old 2012-10-21, 16:56   Link #634
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Dang, that exposition bot took up wayyyy too much time. It was not the most subtle of devices.

Anyhow, aside from that, this was a great episode. That monk provided some level of entertainment though as with the rest of the series his intrests remind a secret. We do know the children are in deep shit though, as they who know too much often will have bad things taken with them. They can't go back, even with the best assurance.

So one thing I really like about this show is the atmosphere of paranoia. It slowly built during the episode and cut off just at the right time. This gives a degree of anxiety that I would say is done better than many a horror film attempts to do. It doesn't help that they realize that their inner thoughts of violence are being suppressed and having the truth revealed makes them afraid of themselves, as well as those around them. This will not end well.

We are in a society that has protected itself by witholding information and surpressed the feelings of the masses. Every attempt has been made to water down sex and violence to avoid the small chance of someone getting too loose. Unfortunately, humans just don't work that way and once a crack is found, we have people that aren't equipped to deal with the things they encounter.
The shows kind of been working the paranoia, foreshadowing and tension since the very first episode, this one merely confirmed and extrapolated upon what we already suspected a little more than most. That's the way I see it.

Fortunately I've prepared myself to handle almost any amount of info dump like this via my current watching of a late 90's show called Gasaraki where virtually every episode is like this only about twice as dense and never really lets up on bombarding you with information. There were some episodes of that show that literally took me an hour to get through because I kept having to go back to rewatch minutes of dialogue at a time to make sure I picked up on everything so that 10 minute info dump this episode was child's play by comparison.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote