View Single Post
Old 2008-07-22, 15:58   Link #1053
ani_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerrian View Post
Despite his intentions, Kawamori and team screwed up here because Ranka is neither normal nor down to Earth.
Mind listing them all down the way I did? All the things about her that you see as neither normal nor down to earth. From how I can see it, she's just as normal as any real life teenagers out there.

You are trying to compare Ranka with the Bridge bunnies who have very little focus in the show. I'm not sure about your ideal normal standard, but Ranka, Nanase, Alto, Michael, Luca are portrayed as typical teenagers. They are maturing--especially Ranka and Alto. This war is taking a toll on them and it's making them or breaking them. Besides, I don't even think teenagers have uniform attitudes and uniform aging clocks.

*EDITs

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem
We're just talking about how she looks compared to everyone else.
Which is why I said it is not her fault she looks younger than her age. Kawamori made her underdeveloped compared to the rest of the cast because girls like her are typical. He made it so that teenage girls who share the same insecurity/issues can relate to her. Besides, Luca has the same problem. It's just how teenagers are.