View Single Post
Old 2010-05-08, 04:24   Link #69
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

I ended up rating the episode a 6, mainly because of the same points raised in this thread about Otonashi's OOC behavior and the awkward shift to Naoi's backstory.

What got the most about the episode however was when Naoi reveled that he is able to use some sort of ''magical hypnosis'' with his eyes. I never knew that potters were capable of that. Seriously, how did he learn that? I thought that you had to have knowledge from when you were alive for them to create things in this world?

Now I understand that with what we've seen from Kanade that things don't have to necessarily be realistic and what not and that the anime already thrown that with the purgatory like setting, but still...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
(I wonder why the NPCs didn't gun him down during his charge towards Naoi )
There was a quick scene where we see her retract Hand Sonic and the body of one of the hypnotized NPC's, so it's implied that she gutted all of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
As for my position on SSS being gunned down ...*shrug*, i suppose that scene was intended to be shocking to a degree, but i didn't really feel anything aside from being surprised how brutally Naoi handled it all. They have been running around with guns the whole time, so being shot back at during some point doesn't really strike me as anything too odd. If one is willing to shoot, you are willing to get shot in return. All part of war
I think that the main problem with the scene was that after playing death off as a joke for the last 5 episodes, they all of the sudden come and expect the viewer to be shocked at that everyone is injured and dying, when the only thing truly shocking about the thing was how Naoi acted throughout the episode, so the situation lacked the impact it could have had.