Thread: Licensed Persona 4 (TV)
View Single Post
Old 2011-05-20, 20:17   Link #270
Dr. Casey

Eh... I am being 'real.' Thinking about it, it's hard for me to imagine the contents of each month (The things leading up to the dungeon crawling and boss fight, the fights themselves, the aftermath, various assorted scenes like school trips and whatnot, giving scenes to develop and properly balance home life and school life, etc) comfortably fitting into an average of 2.6 episodes each. That sounds to me like there'd hardly be any room for anything that isn't strictly necessary, and as though it would all fly by so fast there wouldn't be any emotional punch. The story's supposed to feel like it takes place across a whole year, I don't think that having it just be 26 episodes is long enough to properly convey that feeling.

I'm sure that Persona 4 could fit into 26 episodes, but I think it would more or less just be a checklist of important plot points, and I'd find it pretty underwhelming and left with some untapped potential. It would be like the Harry Potter movies or something, which get the basic story across but are so barebones you're hardly given any reason to care about said story. Maybe you'd be happy with 26 episodes, maybe most people would be happy with just 26 episodes, but I doubt I'll be completely satisfied if it's that short.
Dr. Casey is online now   Reply With Quote