View Single Post
Old 2012-06-19, 09:53   Link #2961
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That's not what seinen means... -_-

Chances are nothing would change.
Zzzzzz I'm not a moron I know what it stands for ...
Quote:
The term shōnen, shonen, or shounen manga (少年漫画 shōnen manga?) refers to manga marketed to a male audience aged roughly 10 and up. The Kanji characters (少年) literally mean "few" and "year", respectively, where the characters (漫画) generally mean "comic". The complete phrase literally means "young person's comic" or simply "boys comic".
Quote:
Seinen manga (青年漫画?) is a subset of manga that is generally targeted at a 18–30 year old male audience, but the audience can be older with some manga aimed at businessmen well into their 40s. In Japanese, the word Seinen means "young man" or "young men" and is not suggestive of sexual matters.
Just a wiki quote.

Obviously by action I don't mean hentai left and right with people screwing their brains out after IS fights. What I mean is a little bit more mature content.
You know like Ichika growing a brain and seeing/responding at least sometimes to girls advances. Or intimate situations/accident being a little more fleshed out.
Marketing for 10y old boys and 20+ men is kinda different don't you think. Mangas like Nozoki Ana, Love Junkies, Velvet Kiss and so on, have sex and mature content almost in every chapter, yet they are still Seinen and not Hentai.
That is in manga market as I don't read raw novels, but still novels for a little more adult market should still be you know more adult than typical butterflies and ponies stuff. You know people dying, guts flying, someone in the background screwing, schemes and stuff like that.