View Single Post
Old 2012-10-17, 09:23   Link #1544
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
I didn't know Solace hated me. ;_;
No hate. I was just making a joke about the best time to push someone. Or the worst. Depends on the point of view and situation. Was not intended or meant in any way to be a slight against you personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I'll try my best to log in sometime later tomorrow, so hopefully by then Solace will be finished submitting his own input. Here I come, bed.
I'm mixed. The debate was much better than their first meeting, and there were some interesting gaffes and zingers, but frankly I felt far more connected as a viewer during the VP debate. I didn't feel like the audience was getting the interaction the format is supposed to be about, and instead of a debate it often felt more like a Q&A session.

Obama "won", but only because he actually seemed competent this time. Romney turned in a solid performance however and he has surprised me in these debates with his ability to speak - although his gaffes still bother me.

The more I reflect on it, the more I've come to believe that these debates have only highlighted the problem with the party system. I can't speak for everyone, but I'm getting tired of my "menu" being reduced to Pepsi and Coke. Even if these are the dominant parties, I really think the public needs more voices added to the mix. We desperately need more parties added to the debates, and more media attention needs to be given to other people on the ballot. It's not much of a democracy when your choices are so limited by money, media, and the two party system.