View Single Post
Old 2013-05-03, 12:52   Link #126
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Re: earlier posts, I'm not really saying that people can't call themselves "moe fans", I'm saying that I believe the term is something that the detractors (the people claiming that "moe is fetishized innocence" and that "all moe fans are manchildren") came up with.
It really doesn't matter what counterarguments you offer these kind of people, because they have already made up their mind to hate you and the things you enjoy, by placing both under a vast, ill-defined umbrella.
Personally, while I can very much -feel- moe for characters, that's more a consequence of my liking the character to begin with. If pressured to define what I like in anime, I'd say "I like cute girls with fun personalities", not "I'm a moe fan", because the latter is useless for imparting understanding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
It varies from person to person. It is mistaken to even try to introduce something to someone and say this is moe
This. Moe is something you have to grasp on your own; when you feel moe for the first time, you'll understand what it means. You can't really have another person explain it to you, least of all by describing shows that are somehow moe.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote