Old 2011-06-20, 22:19   Link #32
Kyuu
=^^=

And here's some pretty good preview writing:

http://tldrsaimoe.wordpress.com/tag/saimoe-2011/

(not my blog)

===

(but my opinion)

And note, plenty of series I have not seen this past Saimoe calendar year. Very very likely, I'd miss many of 'em.

Heavy Hitters (Good shot @ final 8)
  • Kuroneko (Oreimo). Mix in the "true ending" episodes. Then the rage imposed by the author's writing in the light novel.
  • K-ON girls. No way that last year is the end of them. However, will the winner this year be a K-ON girl? I doubt it. Winning is tough. Repeating is even tougher.
  • Madoka. Personally, I'm only 1/3 watching through this series. I still don't know what got people really into this series, other than, "badass magical girl". That'll be enough here.
  • Victorique (Gosick). She has that detective charm. Plus, as the blog notes, she strongly resembles that of a Rozen Maiden, particularly Shinku.
  • Anaru (Ano Hana). Oh the drama surrounding her. Sympathy voting?

Just below (May win a few rounds, but fall short of final 8)
  • Amagami. Pick one of the 6 main, plus 2. However, this series feels so far away (long ago), such that I have to wonder if there is any heavy support for any of 'em.
  • Kirino (Oreimo). Her realistic shot at final 8, to not be in the same bracket as Kuroneko. Unfortunately for her, there are Kirino haters.
  • Any of the Strike Witches. Oh they're coming back? Doubt they'd get far though.
  • Kanade and Yui (Angel Beats). The only two Angel Beats characters with potential of getting deep. I doubt much of their momentum from last year carry over into this year, however.

Series to be missed

Clannad. Nanoha. Hayate no Gotoku. Haruhi. Saki.

Oh how they'll be missed. The brackets will be more empty without them... eh... nah. Plenty of newcomers this year to replace them. Lol.

Yet, looking at this chart (linked earlier), it's somewhat "nostalgic" looking at their "careers".