View Single Post
Old 2008-12-13, 01:45   Link #10
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Honestly, the one thing I loved about Phantom was the one thing both Madlax, Noir, and El Calador la Bruja(too lazy to find the name =_=) didn't; a freakiin' male protaganist .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Bluntly put, Phantom of Inferno is among the 3 best visual novels I've ever played (and I've played quite a bit). The English version is a little bit kludgy to play due to its "use it on any DVD player" nature, but it's offering a very riveting storyline. Noir meets KimiNozo, so to say.

I consider this a shot for redemption. The 3-shot OVA was an unmitigated disaster, but with a normal fullscale TV anime, they should be able to properly convert the material. I'm very very hopeful. Let's see how it goes.

One major advantage I see: There are several plausible endings for this show. This could translate into a very exciting finish, if done right...
Heck I owe Hirameki for that "kludgy" format, else I would have never stepped into the foray of VNs. It was my first, and I picked it up on accident cuz I thought it was an anime. I was completely pissed at first, but thank god I took the time to play it. Truly one of the best if not THEE best VN I've experienced.

OVA ? What OVA ? I hate to even remember it. I bought the LE of the first episode which came with a poster, some PC music disc w/5 songs, and some other book for $100. Worst purchase I made in my entire anime career. It made me respect the japanese fans for paying such high prices.

They're obviously going to go with the canon ending, but personally,
Spoiler for gigantic VN SPOILERS DONT READ IF YOU DIDN'T FINISHED THE GAME!!!:
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote