View Single Post
Old 2012-06-26, 08:15   Link #984
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
Best part about that interview is that it focuses on Zuko and AZULA. God, that psychopath needs a return to the spotlight.
Can't wait! Azula was and still is my favorite character in the series! And she is the one about whom I want to know more... did she stay crazy for the rest of her life in a cage or did she get some kind of redemption? Did she meet her mother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post

And the series makes it out that Korra losing her bending is so horrible, when Asami just got dumped and had her father try to kill her. It certainly doesn't help matters.

It also really doesn't help when the rest of the characters are so flat. I am fine with Bolin being comic relief...but why can't he be more than that. All the characters in ATLA could make me laugh hysterically, but I cared about them all deeply as well & they all grew as characters.

Mako as I said previously is just the worst because the story doesn't even acknowledge that he is doing anything wrong. Instead he has two girls after him (and I can't even explain it) and somehow gets to be a great fighter.

And the whole romance thing with Korra/Mako/Asami was just horrible. It's just the worst possible love triangle. We don't even really see why Mako & Korra care about each other, before they jump into a triangle. Why not develop the relationships between the characters first and then start on a romance, but to start it off with a love triangle immediately is just silly.

Those actually were my main complaints.
Mako is an ass and series don't show it. And people wonder why there are so many douchbags and blind around.
Korra losing her bending is sad but as you yourself said, others had it worse. Actually these last 2 episodes killed all the sympathy I had for Korra =/
Bolin became almost none existent after his episode with Korra.