Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-02, 15:56   Link #26147
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I wish more sites let you use longer passwords than the 8-15 characters that seems to be the norm. My wifi router uses a complete sentence. Considering that the passphrase is going to be hashed anyway, and the hash is likely to have a known fixed length, why restrict the length of passwords at all beyond a reasonable minimum length?
One thing about sentence passwords is that it is easier to crack through social engineering. I once managed to figure out the adminstrator access to a corporate system I worked temp for because the head IT officer is a Star Wars fan : I guessed the password to be "Iamyourdad".

Username and password has to come hand-in-hand to throw the would-be hacker off his/her patience. A username using the initials of the person is more likely to be hacked due to sometimes that the password is gotten but the username is not known.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.