View Single Post
Old 2010-08-06, 14:44   Link #4253
Misuzu
Dribble.....SHOOTOH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogleking View Post
I keep saying he has every reason to leave the room from a logical perspective.
You keep saying he can't leave the room for meta reasons.
The only thing I take from the meta game is that Battler didn't leave the room.
I don't think it's that hard to explain. Since there's obviously some kind of fake death plot going on, Battler wasn't supposed to exit the room for a certain period of time, so that they could be sure that everyone who wasn't in on the plot was no longer in the mansion. When Battler is about to leave, he hears someone in the hallway. He can't leave without risking them seeing him, and he knows that a note will have been left saying that his corpse has disappeared, so he can't let whoever it is see him in the room. He sets up the trap in the bathroom to distract them and hides with the plan of sneaking out while they're otherwise occupied. However, when he goes to leave while Erika is in the bathroom, he sees the chainlock is set, and he can't leave without giving up the fact that he was in the room when she entered it. To explain why he didn't just give up the plan, you could argue that he was being manipulated like Natsuhi was in game 5 or that he saw blood on Erika and realized that she'd done something to the others.