Thread: Kurozuka
View Single Post
Old 2008-10-09, 16:27   Link #11
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Thanks for the thread, Westlo. I was just watching this show out of wanting to see all the first episodes. Imagine my surprise when I realized I thought it was one of the best of the season..
I can say Kaoru isn't crazy in any way. It has indeed been an exceptional first episode from these array of new shows.

The mood, the atmosphere, the drawing, the coloring, the background, the music, the animated motion, and the voice acting (Mamoru Miyano and Romi Paku are the two note-worthy mention)... everything simply comes together. If I had to rate the first episode, I would rate it 9/10 without any reservation, and I hardly ever rate a first episode more than an 8. Okay.. I know I'm full of it, but it's true.

What I get from the synopsis is that the story is actually a love-story that spans a thousand years. No wonder some of the posts from the thread suggest the event in the manga is all over the place in terms of chronological continuity. When a time-scale spans such incredible distance, the continuity for chronological perception becomes unimportant. The only thing a story such as this can focus on are those special highlights that will reinforce the theme of the show. It can mean a jump from 50 years to 500 years, then to 100 years.. and etc.

I'm so very impressed with the first episode. Btw, did I ever mention that my very first anime in Japanese language was Ninja Scroll? This show is nostalgic. Some screens:

monir is offline   Reply With Quote