View Single Post
Old 2012-02-11, 10:00   Link #42
Deathscyther

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
Yeah I remember, however I've never heard of the kyuubi being used as a weapon in any of the ninja wars..... Also the hidden cloud has 2 tailed beasts.... can't really consider that a fair split. Still this is all a mute point if the entire world is going to be destroyed by Tobi.
It's a strange decision with quirky reasoning. But I guess it's the best we get.
The main reason for sealing half of the Kyuubi in Naruto was to protect his village and the people within the village. Everyone there is his 'family'.

Minato understood that the masked man would come back to attack Konoha once again. He thought of him as a harbinger of disaster. He believed Naruto, using half of the Kyuubi's power, would be able to stop him.

In turn this would preserve the balance of power between villages as well. The tailed beasts themselves might not have been used, but the jinchuuriki probably were. Naruto and Bee are both kage level ninjas. So having one or two of these powerful jinchuuriki in your country is very important to show other countries how strong you are. It will keep them from attacking you. Even though the Hidden Cloud had two of them, Konoha had the strongest Bijuu. So I guess this was a 'fair split'.