View Single Post
Old 2012-05-24, 22:25   Link #4333
Tendou Souji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
They are clones in looks and name, there's no reason to do that unless they wanted to try recapture, and rehash, the magic while ageing everyone "but" Heero and Relena. And yes I've read it and it seems like it retcons a lot of the TV Series and EW seems completely invalidated by the story itself. What was the point in destroying the Gundams again if they went right to work making new ones afterward?

Doesn't change that she's wearing the mask and took the name Zechs. There was no need for it, yet they made her take up the mantle since apparently Heero must fight Zechs even if Zechs isn't actually Zechs this time.

I'm also not likeing how they handled Hilde and her looming death to try and make Duo's clone seem interesting and maybe have Duo show some emotion. I mean "Father" Maxwell.
What retcons? They destroyed the Gundams because they figured war was over. If you hadn't noticed Earth isn't experiencing war problems. Mars is. They couldn't see into the future. They couldn't see what would happen on a totally different planet. They didn't immediately start on the new suits. It took like 10+ years for events to head in that direction. Hilde isn't even confirmed dead. In fact Requiem of Chains III hints at her being alive with Duo saying he had nothing to say to her. Duo is worn out and bitter over life. People don't stay the same from 15 to 40+. Relena isn't wearing the mask all the time or using the name. Heero hasn't even fought any Zechs in this. Zechs isn't even on his mind. That Zechs in the Epyon is a problem for real Zechs and Wufei. Heero is focused on Relena and Quatrine. I'd say Quatrine is more of a rival for him now.

I swear. People whine about this novel for the most juvenile reasons and get information wrong all the time when they whine.

Last edited by Tendou Souji; 2012-05-24 at 22:36.
Tendou Souji is offline   Reply With Quote