View Single Post
Old 2007-09-28, 14:14   Link #30
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

I loved this anime from beginning to end.

I give it a total of 9/10

I especially loved the presentation. In the beginning you see the shy Makoto looking at Kotonoha from far apart, and the cute Sekai wants to help him out, so you relax thinking to enjoy another cheerful romance comedy featuring Makoto's clumsy attempts at romance. But then he instantly gets hooked up with Kotonoha, so the anime is about something else, but what? Then you see Sekai kiss him and now think it's about betrayed love and that Kotonoha will slap him and he will fumble his way into her good graces again, but again this doesn't happen. As each episode gets darker and more intense you realized you thought you would be riding a pony when in fact you put yourself on top a rabid lion.

I also liked how everyone was flawed. Going back on everything, if there had been a truly pure character reminding everyone of the right thing, it wouldn't have been as impactful as the jolly mess we have now.

The only downside is that the girls adoration for Makoto was pushed. How long can so many girls stay deluded like that?

Still a great series and one of my favorites now
Darklightz is offline   Reply With Quote