View Single Post
Old 2010-05-02, 06:43   Link #185
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
Uh yes I would. Especially when I had no clue what on earth was going and it seems she might have some answers. Also she rarely if ever acts in a somewhat aggressive manner. Nobody is trying to figure out where they are and who is in charge. Given that the teachers could remove Tenshi from Student Council President means that the teachers are a higher level of authority. This isn't even retrospective but just using some basic common sense. All these guys are doing is rebelling just to rebel. It's obvious that nobody there except for maybe the teachers and Tenshi have any clue what is going and what they're doing. It also seems nobody has gone up to her and just asked her how much she knows, she might not answer or even know but it gives off the impression that they haven't tried.
Read the novel to see why SSS keep away from Tenshi.

Actually, you don't need to. You can very easily see why normal people would stay away from her.

It is retrospective to claim that they should have had prepared a better plan, got more information etc. in the sense that you came to know that the Tenshi is human after their actions and you get to see every side of the story. You aren't the one trying to lead a random bunch of literal morons while trying to figure out everything about the world you are in by trial and error. Your statement, "she rarely, if ever, acts in an aggressive manner," is as retrospective as it can be. How the effing heck are you supposed to know her pacifist behavior unless you get to observe her like us viewers do lol. For all the SSS could care, she has had a lot of pain-inflicting battles with them, they'd be nervous just being in her field of vision.

Now, its very very easy to claim that its common sense to go ask the student council president for more information while you are away from conflict and get to see all the characters from an omniscient point of view. Try imagining yourself as a person who suddenly woke up in a random school with everyone acting as though you had always been a student there. And nobody in the school gives you any information. The teachers, the students, they are all emotionless and given that the president exudes the same lack of emotion, common sense depicts that it'd be useless to talk to her. Add the fact that she possesses supernatural abilities and nobody would want to talk to her. The fact that she has no friend serves as proof of this fact.

As for your hypotheses that the teachers held more authority than the student president, given that everything about a high school is emulated, on the surface at least, they would be. However, its more about keeping the pretense of a proper school than a hierarchy of authority, methinks. The teachers aren't a higher level of authority at all, they can't do jackshit, its Kadane who upholds the law etc. There is a higher level of authority, but its not the teachers, the teachers are just for show. Or at least that's what I think. I doubt there is a single, all-powerful existence that you could single out as god behind such an elaborate setting as that school, but depending on just how dark the tone can get, we could get anything from a council of compassionate senile elderly to much sinister forces that I would rather not list. I get the feeling that this issue won't be addressed by the anime though.