View Single Post
Old 2010-06-09, 04:50   Link #29
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluWacky View Post
I'm surprised by the vitriol against Soul Eater and Heroman in this thread. I didn't like either show, but then I didn't expect to - they're for kids, and all the beautiful animation in the world won't make me enjoy stereotypical shounen fare like this. It didn't really work ten years ago and it certainly doesn't now!
That's a shitty excuse honestly. Saying something that is for kids is automatically not for anyone else is stupid. FMA is shounen too. In fact, it runs in the same magazine, has the same sponsors, and is by the same animation studio. It is not bad because it is for kids. It is bad because the pacing was awful, the writing was bad, the direction was very questionable, and above all it was BORING.

Heroman is an original work. I don't think it matters that it's targeted a kids first and foremost. That doesn't mean it cannot also appeal to everyone else and have a good story and interesting action (instead of just Heroman punching something all the time). If you are suggesting that BONES is incapable of delivering a comic style series for kids that is also really enjoyable for everyone else, then that is probably more insulting to BONES than to Heroman. Lol.

Angelic Layer was a shounen manga adaptation for kids. Hiwou Senki, BONES' first production, was totally for kids. Both shows are very enjoyable and show a lot of creativity and great pacing. Soul Eater sucks, and Heroman sucks even more. Please do not attempt to downplay the fact that as BONES' productivity increases, their quality drops. It is definitely of concern to those who have followed BONES from the very beginning and think very highly of their abilities when they actually put their mind to it.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote