View Single Post
Old 2008-02-12, 21:11   Link #100
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by james3wk View Post
Lightning effects the heart, but it mostly effects the brain, slowing down reaction times and causing you to ultimately slow down. Blackbeard is not fast on his feet, even if he has fast hands, he only has two and mantra gives you the ability to see through attack patterns. In many respects, Mantra is similiar to the pre-time skip Sharingan, in the respect that it can help track and decipher attack patterns. If Blackbeard can not hit Enel, and there is no reason to assume he can, then Enel can continue to blast and attack Blackbeard.

I agree, one sharp blow from Blackbeard would knock Enel out, but I am not sure if Blackbeard can actually hit him. It would take effort, more so than with Ace, in my opinion. That is why I said the fight was fairly even. Blackbeard may be able to take the attacks, but if he can not deal out damage in return, then he would be defeated.
The problem here is that Enel cannot attack at a distance forever. If Blackbeard uses his gravity vortex, Enel will be sucked in and he will have to contend with Blackbeard at close range. This will be a completely undesirable situation for Enel, for as we both have agreed, Blackbeard will take him out in one hit when this happens. Also, about Blackbeard not being fast on his feet, do we really know this? He chose to stay stationary throughout the entire fight just to demonstrate what his abilities were like. We haven't seen what he fights like when he goes on the offensive. You have to remember that Blackbeard was prepared to take the risk of still being vulnerable to damage before he consumed his darkness fruit. This must mean that he is very confident in his physical abilities and that he had already taken into account the possibility of having to fight logia users on his pirate expeditions. If he wasn't able to withstand the powerful effects of logias, he would not have eaten the darkness fruit.