View Single Post
Old 2012-09-08, 15:21   Link #30432
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestSpeaker View Post
I don't know about your Sims, but mine were always going off to make food if I didn't tell them to get in the car and go to work.
Yes, they try to insure their survival but, if you aren't controlling them, you can even move your 'gaze' so that they're acting off screen. And somehow comparing the pieces to the sims is interesting because:

- in Sims too you don't get a view that's exactly the same as your Sim. The observation point is different, allowing you to see things he's not seeing. On the other side he also might be seeing things you're not seeing and you won't be reported about them.

- the player can see the ballons expressing the Sims dialogues and thoughts... but likely the Sims can't. Though it's not exactly the same the ballons are somewhat similar to the magic scenes in certain instances: something that doesn't exist but that's just a representation of something else.

In short SimsErika might have been in the parlor, perfectly still or searching for food or talking because the player wasn't giving her instructions and the player would see the scene from a completely different viewpoint that would allow him to see Shannon & Kanon too.

The player could check if Erika could see Shannon and Kanon only if she/he were to try to force SimErika to talk with them (which would be impossible as one of them is... well not there) or if SimErika has in her option 'show the action from Erika's viewpoint' (or something that can work in a similar way) and comparing this with the 'player vision' you can find there's nothing where Shannon or Kanon were supposed to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomAvatarFan View Post
Bern and Lambda didn't really care particularly for Beato's heart. That's why Lambda restricted the use of Kinzo is dead before the start of the game. Despite the fact Lambda did show hints that pointed to Shannon and TMF19YA, Bern deliberately ignored it. She wrote off the phone calls as fantasy (which it may have been.) Bern saw that as long as she denied Beatrice, Beato would be tortured.

Maybe Bern's goal was not to find the answer, but to find an answer that doesn't involve Beatrice at all. Bern may have known, but she doesn't like the answer that's in the book. Bern's goal, and by acting as Bern's proxy, Erika's goal, was to find an answer in which anyone other than Beatrice (Yasu) was the culprit.

Of course then you have the way people and personalities work and then you could still pin the crime on Shannon and it still wouldn't be Beatrice.
I agree on the fact they didn't care about Beato's heart but, in Ep 6, to know it is fundamental for solving the riddle Beato posed to Erika so I think if Bern had known something about it she would have shared that info with Erika.

I think it was in Ep 5 she was allowed the luxury of ignoring Beato in favour of finding an answer she liked, but in Ep 6 after Beato solved the logic error the situation was reversed and she hadn't anymore the luxury of ignoring Beato.
jjblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote