View Single Post
Old 2013-01-06, 12:07   Link #15
Nafi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I'd say give another 6-7 episodes a try, then decide whether to drop it or not.

Oh, and for Katanagatari: Yes, it has action. A little bit "artsy" but it still good IMO.
I'll give it a shot again, but not any time soon. I'm hoping it isn't an anime that is straightforward (like the first few episodes).

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Oh boy. Ummmmm man Im trying to figure how to explain it without giving much away. The easiest comparison I can give to any other romance anime is one-sided. Mai (the girl) crushing on her boss who has no interest. Again romance isnt the focus of the anime. But since you asked for romance with a secret, this fits. Let's just say who Mai falls for isnt who she think he is.
I think I prefer if the romance mattered. If it didn't, I wouldn't really enjoy the romance aspect of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
The romance really starts to develop midway in the series and is vital to the story, but it's had to explain really.

Yes Katanagatari has some action.

Also I forgot before, but Accel World definitely fits, as Kuroyukihime has quite a few secrets, and it also has lots of action.
Does the romance act like a motivation in the series? Like is it brought up from time to time (every other episode at least).

And I watched Accel World, somewhat disliked the fact that the guy was fat, otherwise the plot was fine. A new season will probably come out for it.