View Single Post
Old 2010-04-08, 01:24   Link #897
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I actually like this move by Eagle. From historical perspective it can spell success. The Yankees won 4 world championship under Joe Torre. They still opted to fire him because his team wasn't winning any more under his management since the last one. They get a new manager. With him they don't even make the playoff the next year. And the year after that, they win the championship once again.

A change of pace isn't always a bad thing to go over that final hump. Phillies might win the big one with this change and McNabb may finally win his own coveted ring with the Skins. I think it has worked out for everyone. The move also signifies the next in line to get the axe is no one else but Mr. Andy Reid and he may not even have two seasons to work with. Kevin Kolb also has Michael Vick as the back up which means they can give the offense a dynamic makeover, so I think Philly is the team to watch out for in the next couple of years while Skins are certainly on their way too. NFC East looks even more formidable now with all these new development.

Looking forward to it.
Your example would not support the Eagles decision. On the contrary, it supports the angle that the Eagles are going to struggle without Donovan. And let's not forget McNabb is being replaced with a quarterback that has very little starting experience and hasn't shown anything to warrant being a starter. This is a quarterback driven league and if you don't have one that is even on a decent level, you're most likely not making the postseason. Not saying Kolb can't rise to the challenge, but I just don't think the risk was one that was necessary to take. Especially when you have an elite quarterback on your roster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
My point is that one player can single-handedly make a difference, especially when dealing with the QB position, who more often than not is the leader of the team. If Peyton Manning went down with a injury, I doubt that the Colts would continue to operate like a well-oiled machine, in fact, I don't think they would be a playoff team.
Word. Like I just mentioned this is a QB driven league. If Peyton Manning went down I wouldn't be surprised if the Colts didn't win another game...even if it was near the beginning of the season. Their backup has played extremely awful. I think they need to find someone better.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote