View Single Post
Old 2013-01-15, 02:38   Link #1814
Liddo-kun
is this so?

There's already plenty of anime conventions last December. But that's not a reason that there should be no conventions for January.

First anime convention for year 2013 is Cosplay Market. Held at third floor of Jackman Plaza last Jan 12 and 13. I attended the second day. Well, Cosplay Market, as the name implies is a convention about anime related items likes wigs, costumes and figurines.

Arrived at around 11 a.m, the shops are still setting up their merchandise and people are still few.

Sign the guest book:

Shops are busy setting up their merchandise.

. . .

First cosplayer I saw is a Miku cosplayer.

My friend Alleahcim cosplaying as Ciel from Kuroshitsuji. She's rather active in cosplaying. Also saw her in Animax Carnival and the conventions held at SM Megamall.

Len Kagamine

Usagi cosplayer, she works for the shop behind her.

Need to have your wig in a different color? Paint for coloring are available at Cospray. The guy's name is Karlonne, and if you want he can spray your hair a little for free.

Mirage from Fairy Tail

League of Legends

Girl with chopper hat. She won a lot of prizes during the afternoon contests.

And some more cosplayers

Angelica with her Mio cosplay

Ok, next one is a rather energetic cosplayer. She's familiar looking so I asked. Found out that she's also the Rikka cosplayer that I saw at Megamall.

This is a convention about anime items, so let's take a little look at some of the shops. Shall we?

Noeru's Closet and Perkee Personalized Items - two stores sharing one booth. Noeru is also a cosplayer - she's the one wearing the Sheryl Nome costume. You can buy all sorts of things here. Umbrellas, keychains, costumes, teddy bears. They even sell cellphone load - ok not anime related, but I'm glad that they sell load, because I ran out of cp load in the afternoon. XD

. . .

Vogue Royal Shop - they sell wigs, plenty of them! They even have a mini salon where they will fit the wig to you.

. . .

Want to study Japanese and get the chance to have work in Japan?

Marina Bautista cosplaying as.. she told me that she usually cosplays as a schoolgirl. Though this time, she felt like wearing this costume. She has a fanpage on facebook.

Ok, it's almost past 5 pm in the afternoon and almost time to leave. Before leaving I had a conversation with Mutya - the cat eared girl at the CNPH booth.

Well, this anime convention is rather small compared to the ones held at Megamall. But the kind CNPH staff told me that they plan to hold a bigger event sometime in August. They gave a lot of prizes as well during the afternoon - some of them rather expensive, like free wig of your choice.

That's all for now. Thank you for reading.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2013-01-16 at 02:29.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote