View Single Post
Old 2009-11-27, 15:59   Link #1084
velvet nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post

The big question is would the Empire bother? I'd agree that the chances of them being interested are slim. The problem for Charlotte and company, though, is that "slim" is not the same as "none," and the risk would make it difficult for them to settle down and put all their effort into starting new lives. If Charlotte ever ended up in line for a high-profile position, the fact that the Empire regards her as a criminal could be a serious issue.
ok.. so why didn't the empire march on the city to investigate when they had their army and the 4 swords with them to make sure they wern't being harbored inside the town?

if they wern't going to do it then why they had the highest chance of finding them as well as capturing them, would they bother going back on a 'slim' chance? i don't think anyone in the empire would bother going back to check up on them with the a high probability of extremely slim gain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
I don't think it's on the absolute top of his priority list, but after Charlotte let slip that she sent her bodyguards after Aria he immediately interrogated her to find out how many there were, then ordered Lisa to bring the sword materials and went straight off to help Cecily. So I think he does care, even if it's only for Lisa's sake (and I don't think that's entirely the case either; he does come to have respect for Cecily).
he went the first time to make sure cecily wouldn't get killed, not to make sure she didn't lose the demon sword to the empire, that just came along with defeating the 3 girls as a side benefit
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote