View Single Post
Old 2009-12-14, 13:57   Link #85
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I'm a guy who gets consistently fragged by my FPS buddies, but I didn't find ME1 to be a big departure from other action-rpgs. In fact, with the ability to pause the game at any time AND aim while you're paused, it plays 'more turn based' than your typical action RPG.

Also, at least in ME1, combat was mostly that your shots will fall in your targeting reticle. So if your reticle is particularly large, there's still dice rolls being done on the background to determine whether you hit the target, even if its dead centre in your reticle. And at max accuracy where you can't get your reticle any smaller, its still large enough that you don't need pinpoint accuracy to hit your target.

ME2 on the otherhand is a whole different story, since I hear they're changing the targeting mechanics. But considering I hear Biotics will be upgraded in that you can kill people with them now (rather than being used as a support to disable enemies and control the battlefield), and that developers say that the Adept (ie. mage class) can win battles without firing a single shot, then its a rather moot point for the wizard-loving, spellcasting RPG player in me. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote