View Single Post
Old 2012-11-18, 10:08   Link #122
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
This episode helped me narrow down the one real problem with this series: the fact that Rikka and Nibutani never interact with each other at all. Whenever they're onscreen together they never seem to acknowledge each other's existence.
It's especially egregious given that Nibutani had scenes with Rikka's family this week, but not Rikka herself. Really starting to bother me.
It's certainly true that Rikka and Shinka seem to be avoiding each other.

In my opinion the reasons are as follow:

In the case of Shinka, she doesn't want to meddle with a chuunibyou, it's very hard to talk to Rikka without feeling you're being pulled inside her world. Yuuta himself in the beginning wanted to avoid her, Shinka is probably the same.
Sanae is different because, well she simply cannot pretend she doesn't exist. Shinka actually tries her best to not get herself involved when there's people around.

As for Rikka, it's not just Shinka. In episode 6 we learn that Rikka has problems socializing with any classmates that isn't Yuuta. She isn't ignoring Shinka anymore than she is ignoring Kumin and Isshiki. Whenever the others are talking as a group she tends to isolate herself.
I think this is also why Touka keeps asking Yuuta to help her, she noticed that he's one of the few persons that can communicate with her sister.