Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2007-04-23, 23:04   Link #165
Princess_of_Hell
Being Felt Up My Skirt

Send a message via AIM to Princess_of_Hell
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWings View Post
I don't think there is gonna be an all out witch hunt for Koreans and Asians although there probably is going to be more a few fools who just want to hurt someone.

Any race, ethnicity, country, or tribe(?) typically throughout history tried to divert the full attention should one of their group commit some major crime or injustice. Nothing new. Still, at least an apology was quick and honest. I'm not going to name who but many countries are often REALLY reluctant t apologize and make things worse. In any case, if there is going to be some major backlash at Koreans and/or Asians then there would have to be some long lingering festering nest of problems which are just ignited by some incident like this one opposed to a major negative backlash caused by just this incident.

I don't think there are any Koreans, citizen or not, who doesn't feel some guilt and shame. Though few were ever really responsible even in a remote way to what Cho has done. It's tragic enough even just the wounded and dead that psycho caused. Many of the students were a doorstep from graduating and stepping into a limitless possibilities in the lives. But when taking into account all the families, friends and others who are connected with those who suffered by Cho's actions... Personally, that is what pains me the most. So much pain caused by one man. Nothing new but its all still fresh and deeply agonizing.

One of the few sad bitterness felt between some Koreans is that of all the things for Koreas to catch the attention of the whole world it had to be a the biggest massacre caused by a single person in the modern US history. Because of this incident countless people who never knew much about Koreans, assuming they even knew Koreans existed, now know more than ever.
The thing is that the Columbine killers were WHITE and there was no backlash against "white people" so why should there be a backlash against Asians/Koreans??? The people who do the backlashing on Asians/Koreans are as guilty as the shooter himself.