View Single Post
Old 2011-08-24, 15:02   Link #111
xxanimefan4_ever
Sorri++

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
Eh, I don't think there are really any more obscure great 90s shows that are unknown to the community. A lot of the shows I've seen people talk about (3x3 eyes, Dragonball, Trigun, Yu Yu Hakusho, SlayerS...) I found quite dissapointing.

There wasn't as much Anime made in the 90s, so it makes sense that there's less good stuff. The only 90s shows I thought were outstanding were Evangelion, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Cowboy Bebop, the Ghibli movies, and maybe Ghost in the Shell. Now I may have missed a few, but I doubt most of the rest of the 90s output were so good.

I would say more good anime came out in 2006 alone then in the whole of the 90s.

Isn't it weird that 2006 is FIVE years ago? I could swear Haruhi came out yesterday...
what I'm saying just take into consideration the possibility. there's no way to prove it to you or anything simply because they're not SUBBED or LICENSED. I know a couple great shows that should be subbed since they're so good but they're not....I'm saying from what I'VE SEEN there's good, even amazing/classic anime that are NOT subbed or licensed YET . that's just me talking about anime I've seen and im curiou as to other anime that might be out there that's really good but not subbed/licenesed. I just think it's unfair and rude to just call something off when you don't know about it its entirety?

But you know I love 2006 too! and that's why I will not compromise myself into watching shit that are being spewed out recently. I guess it makes sense why 2006 has so many anime since that's the year with the greatest number of anime being made (I thought that the number of anime per year increased after 2006 or something because of all the crap anime but no... it's because they made so much anime that there was so many good ones if you think about it in percentage lke top 5% or something). some people say they still make a couple good ones but I wouldn't know since I don't have time to watch and not to mention the betrayals of anime that were just shit despite the praise. I don't like being tricked lol. But really it's the time-factor....

oh and it's slayers next NOT slayers that's praised. (unless you just felt like saying slayesr to cover all 3 seasons)