View Single Post
Old 2012-10-27, 11:58   Link #65
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
...I tried to clarify later... yes letting primal urges drive you is as bad as totally denying them... but in this case (anime original) a balance between the two was not reached in favour of political correctness....
I thought what they did was interesting in itself, whether or not something else might have been better. I think the makers probably erred on the side of caution, to avoid provoking the anime-banners.

I should also say that I agree with your overall point that excessive self-restraint can lead to big problems. I like to quote Socrates, Confucius and the Buddha in saying that moderation and a middle way are best.

I'm also a fan of Jung's idea of the Shadow: those "negative" impulses within oneself that can come back to bite you if you deny them completely, and don't even recognize that you have them. You take for granted that anything you do is good, so you can bomb and kill and shun without feeling guilty. Not that I think sex is bad. But it is very powerful (among humans, as opposed to bonobos) and has to be treated with care.

As for shipping wars: lol. Seems out of place to me, but go for it, as far as I'm concerned -- as long as we don't sink to the level of neg rep and anger. And anyway, I didn't read those two posts as shipping wars so much as humour.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.