View Single Post
Old 2006-09-30, 13:40   Link #51
0TaKu0
Tesseract Enigma
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to 0TaKu0 Send a message via MSN to 0TaKu0
Lightbulb Xd

Os~ minasan,

I just started watching this anime and noticed its peculiar-ness in about 4 episodes, really the concept it self is so artistically amazing, its not a wonder this title is such a great hit.

The way I discovered its secret was, after watching the 4th episode and realizing it was no way related or connected to episode 3 I was all “WTF?”. So the curious person that I am I decided to scroll through every episode and fast forward to the end to watch the PREVIEW of the next episode to see if I can find a matching episode that comes after episode 3 and bam, episode 5 was the matching episode after 3. At first I thought this was very strange and thought maybe who ever uploaded the torrent miss-labeled the episodes.

That’s when I realized that during the end, every time Suzumiya Haruhi says the number of the next episode and Kyon scolds her and tells her its wrong, was not a joke. The truth was Suzumiya Haruhi’s order was the chronological one, while Kyon’s was the Aired order.

In any case after discovering this I came to a dilemma >_< I could not decide which way I wanted to watch the anime, a part of me wanted to watch the rest of the anime from Suzumiya Haruhi’s perspective (chronological) and the other part of me wanted to watch it in Kyon’s perspective because I did not want to destroy/miss out on its artistic-ness which makes it a great anime (Curse me for being some one who likes to enjoy Anime to its fullest and figuring out the secret of this anime so early on in the series, because now every time I watch it in the back of my mind I’m thinking this is not the correct order . . . ). So! Google to the rescue and it lead me to this form and this topic.

After reading this, I guess because I consider my self a true anime fan (would even go as far as to use the word otaku <- looked down upon in Japan) it’s the only right thing to do is to watch the anime the way it was aired, then watch it chronologically or I couldn’t call my self a true anime fan.

So I hope this helped those who came across this or a similar confliction. Ciao~ <3