Thread: Licensed Haibane Renmei opinions?
View Single Post
Old 2004-08-25, 20:19   Link #1
Silence_Fish

Send a message via AIM to Silence_Fish
Thumbs up Haibane Renmei opinions?

I recently picked this up because I'm a great fan of Lain and loved the idea of an anime about angels. I'm curious to know what other people think about it. I enjoyed the series but felt that there was much more they could have done with it. I enjoyed that the ending, while not covering a lot of ground you expected to be covered, also went some directions you, or at least I, wasn't expecting. I think this series should have been longer than 13 episodes. I also thought it was neat how it slowly turns out the focus of the series is really more or less on Reki and not Rakka. Overall, I enjoyed it, though it could have benefited from some extra substance. Granted, I realize that a lot of the things like who the Toga and Haibane Renmei are were hinted at, but when I finished it, it felt as if there should have been more. Many people probably wanted to know what lay beyond the wall, though I take the wall to be more a metaphor, which is probably why the creators didn't go beyond it. Anyway, other thoughts?
Silence_Fish is offline   Reply With Quote