View Single Post
Old 2010-05-19, 17:36   Link #10232
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeagullCrazy View Post
We've discussed that theory a lot already, and I'm sure not everyone believes in it. But is it possible that the key is realizing that Shkanon isn't true? That's definitely one way how Battler's escape is related to solving all the mysteries. There's a connection between the second twilights of EP1, EP5, and EP6, and I think that leads to the key.
Well, what if Erika and Bern believe in Shkanon? I think some of their suspicions could actually arise from this possibility, but there's no evidence one way or the other that Bern, Lambda, or Erika believes or doesn't believe in Shkanon. They don't ever really seem to address it until Erika gets desperate against Beatrice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
EDIT: Oh and another thing. Why doesn't the red placing everyone else in the cousin's room place Erika in that room? It doesn't say all other people excluding Kinzo AND Erika. Why isn't her position counted in the location check?
Nobody knows. It's obvious from the narration that Erika doesn't intend to be trapped in that room. And it's obvious there is an "Erika" body of some sort that eventually enters the room Battler is in, so "Erika" isn't anyone stuck in that room, whoever they may be. She asks that Battler exclude Kinzo from the definition of "all other persons," so what Battler says should at the very least not actually mean everyone, unless he was bluffing and Kinzo's body really was in that room. But that's not relevant.

One suggestion is that if Erika has no body, it doesn't matter where she is. But we know that if Erika doesn't exist, "Erika" still does, so that isn't very profitable. I think it's more likely that what Battler acknowledged was that, discounting Kinzo and anyone obviously already stated or depicted to be outside the room, "all other persons" were inside.
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote