View Single Post
Old 2012-07-20, 23:20   Link #3860
Soaring Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
We used to have intelligent debates about this topic in the past, but those days it's just poorly constructed arguments to hate/love kira's "no kill policy".
I'm not even really talking about here. I've lurked on other forums, and almost always there's a few people attack Kira's "policy" in a way I described. I end up wondering if these people even watched to the dang show and saw how Kira and Athrun's friendship was almost destroyed because of Nicol and Tolle's deaths, or how random grunts would use fallen loved ones as justification for terrible acts and so on. It boggles my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Possibly, but I would refrain from using Kira's style of fighting as an example for SEED's theme simply because it is not something that everyone can (or should) do.

Rather, as I said in the past, it is simply a reflection of his development as a character in response to his experience in SEED. Of course, it is influenced by SEED's theme.
You are right, it's not the most practical thing to do but he does have his reasons and pretty good ones at that.
Soaring Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote