View Single Post
Old 2009-06-08, 23:44   Link #12
Yamada
Minori Fanboy

Ah, Home, a very impressive video if I do say so myself. It's not often anymore you can watch something that has a quality message in it. It really makes me appreciative of the little things that we often take for granted. Living in a country that's well off can really make you ignorant of the hardships that people face every day in other places around the globe.

Admittedly, it is difficult transitioning to a greener lifestyle when the effects aren't instantly noticeable. I guess that's the main problem facing most of the people out there - it isn't really affecting us drastically yet so we can still wait to change for a little while longer. But thinking like that is the same as thinking that it's alright to try and fix a failing grade by waiting until the night before to cram for the semester final. By that time you realize you have way too much stuff that needs to be done and you end up bombing the course horribly. On the other hand, if you would have studied little by little, you would have come out just fine. Hopefully people who saw Home will be more conscious of their global footprint and see just how the smallest changes can truly make a difference on a massive scale.
Yamada is offline   Reply With Quote