View Single Post
Old 2011-04-07, 03:06   Link #297
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by acejem View Post
If you want to be nitpicky about the number of girls in an ensemble go ahead, but doesn't change the fact that its still "cute girls doing cute things". I would still count shows like Azumanga Daioh and Pani Poni Dash as "cute girls doing cute things", just in those cases, it also has a "lulrandom" element. I don't have a problem with studios going for cashcow series once in a while, but when they devote nearly all their energy into it, it is seriously asking for it to be criticized.
Just when are you looking at to say they're putting all their energy into 4-koma series?
2007: Lucky Star, Clannad
2008: Clannad After Story, Munto: The Movie, Lucky Star OVA
2009: K-On!, Melancholy of Haruhi-chan Suzumiya, Munto TV, Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu (2009), Clannad OVA
2010: K-On!!, Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya
2011: Nichijou, K-On Movie[?], K-On!! OVA, ???

I mean sure they have devoted significant effort to that type of series, but I'd hardly call it all of it. If you notice their somewhat recent attempt at a different genre series, Munto, hardly has it's existence noticed compared to most of their series . This year is more than most other years compartively though; assuming they have nothing else planned which it's a bit early to say that is they case.
MAL