View Single Post
Old 2006-07-07, 12:08   Link #171
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madlax26
What if used PayPal to pay for my order?
If they accept PayPal, then it's fine. It can be used as an alternative to a credit card (but in most cases Credit Cards tend to be safer and more conveniant). One thing you will need to check is that depending on the currency, you may pay an extra fee to PayPal for the currency transaction. I haven't used PayPal in a while but that used to be the case if I ordered something in $ (U.S. Dollars) and paid (PayPal) in £ (U.K. Pounds) then there was an fee imposed by PayPal. Look at the PayPal FAQ or help pages for more info on this.

Or are you still referring to Import Duty and taxes? If so, then it is irrelevant.

And in reference to the comments chiisai_nezumi made, while I won't deny that you may have never had to pay any sort of Import Duty, it doesn't mean that it's true for everyone. It is possible that if the Customs Declareation exceeds a certain value then there is a chance that you might be charged additional Tax. And it is considered fraud if the Customs Declareation is blatently incorrect.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote