View Single Post
Old 2007-10-25, 05:31   Link #40
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Serious laughs at the Higurashi reference in the next ep preview.

I was rather indifferent to all of this. It was ultimately a filler episode, even despite a few glimpses at something deeper than superficial in Sana and Shuusuke, but it had a few enjoyable moments. I thought it was good that they kept everything after a certain stage in Sana's point of view, and didn't bother showing the confession, but rather had Hinako relay the events to him afterwards. "Everyone cries" may have been a slightly trite message, but the fact that the creators knew full well that the impact of the confession was more important than the confession itself, and thus focused on things like that by keeping it all in Sana's point of view, was rather impressive.

Not sure if I like the fact that next week's ep looks like more filler. At 13 eps, filler should be kept to a minimum, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Shuusuke, you got a thing for Aoi don't you?

Either that, or you're not being honest with yourself and saying the exact opposite of the girl you truly like... I mean, you were really checking out your twin, not once, but twice, right? *dodges rotten tomatoes for implying incest*
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Actually I don't think he was describing any of those girls. He was purposefully describing the exact opposite of Shurei. (And he was looking right at her as he thought about it.) Perhaps he was describing the opposite of what he wants, or perhaps he wants a girl to be as different from his sister as possible. You decide which. It is just coincidence that some of what he said could be applied to other girls. So, yeah, I'd say his sister is the person he cares about. We can only hope that the feelings are not incestuous.
I'm with NSW on this one. His description was almost certainly independent of Aoi, IMO, and nothing more than a complete opposite of Shuuri. And I can't see the incest thing happening. I'm going to go out on a limb here and make the claim that Shuusuke was genuine in wanting a girl the complete opposite of his sister. I think they're just too close for anything questionable to be going on between them. Although, this is anime(TM), and in most harem we see these days, sibling relationships aren't much of a barrier for romance . I'd hope this anime would at least be above that...