View Single Post
Old 2011-10-01, 06:04   Link #22
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
The biggest issue that hasn't been addressed is the time period involved. We've used calendar years in the past, which has proven problematic when considering two-cour shows that premiere in the fall. Some have suggested starting with the fall and extending through the next summer, following the US model of a television year. I had a discussion about anime "seasons" over on ANN not long ago, and one contributor thought that it made more sense to follow the Japanese school year which begins in the spring. That would mean waiting until April to begin the "2011" Awards process. For this transition year, we'd need to include shows that were released over the 15-month period starting on 1/1/2011 and ending on 3/31/2012. After that we'd just run from April to April.
When I do my own end of the year poll I make a separate category for Best Show that is still ongoing (that started that year).

That would be a new category though and I don't know if people would like that, but that way the two-cour fall shows are not entirely left out.

And they could still be eligible for other categories in 2012 once they are finished. But in this case they should only be eligible for that one category now.

Anyways I just voted for add OP/ED and remove worst character category. I can't really decide between the minimalistic/extended version because I think there actually needs to something in the middle between the two.