View Single Post
Old 2006-03-06, 02:33   Link #24
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm on Furudanuki's wavelength so often its scary....

girl's first:
Here are my top five gals - top five guys will be appearing later.

Almost in the pack: The girls of Azumanga Daioh (Group tie) - It's a cross between Psychology 301, Calvin&Hobbes, and a dash of nostalgia. They complement each other beautifully and would seem incomplete on their own.... though I'd have to choose Sakaki ... sweet, quiet, athletic, cool and voiced by the VA who voiced my still number one girl.

(5) Hagino Kana (Canvas 2) - Hagino... be she friend, sister, or whatever... what a riot.

(4) Hazuki (Tsukuyomi)/Becky(PPD) - ehhhhhhh, maybe its Chiwa I'm really fond of there... but that voice The relationship between Hazuki and Kouhei in many ways parallels the one between my wife and I ... she's about that size, I'm about his size, she's cute... I'm.. well, I'm scarier looking .... we yell, scream, and love each other dearly.

(3) Fate Testarossa (Nanoha/Nanoha A) - one of the more complex characters I've come across and is beautiful... going to be knock-em-dead when she's 16. Nothing like having 9 year old girls wielding enough power to destroy small planets hopping around the galaxy and dealing with life's personal issues.

(2) Nerine (Shuffle!) - yeah.. the ears and eyes are an immediate attraction... but here's a girl who dances her way through LaPlace transforms and physics, can level entire buildings, but is elegant and graceful (outside the kitchen anyway). Stuck in a bad storyline but one of the only girls to move on and explore the rest of life without pining over "the guy".

(1) Motoko Aoyama (Love Hina) - still the classic "dream girl" of mine, strong, independent, given some serious character growth in the series (even if the rest of it was a trainwreck in many respects).

Now the guys..... much tougher.... too many of them are such losers or one-dimensional....

(5)(4) ???
(3) Morita (Honey&Clover) - what a nut..... go for the Ayu, man!
(2) Kouhei (Tsukuyomi Moon Phase) ... only wanted to punch him out a couple of times but very loyal, upfront guy.
(1) Rentarou (Futakoi Alternative) ... one of the few guys I went through an entire series watching and not wanting to punch him out. Beautiful.

Actually... the sparcity of the guy list may be enlightening on why over half of the women in Japan under 30 are childless and the marriage rate there is plummeting like a paralyzed falcon. Jeez, and with some of the cutest women on the planet (ymmv, imho, yadayada)

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-03-06 at 03:07.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote