View Single Post
Old 2010-04-22, 02:10   Link #94
james0246

Just a few quick points (most of what we are saying is speculation, and I do not dismiss the possibility of your claims, I simply find them somewhat of a stretch...).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGNail View Post
On Susano'o: perhaps he seen Itachi use it and make quantitative judgment on the difference between that and Sasuke's?
No, Madara spoke, with authority, to the Kages (467) detailing the rarity, but non-specificity, of Susano'o. Susano'o is a confirmed technique that a MS-user (at least an Uchiha MS-user) can attain, it is simply rarer than the other known techniques.

Quote:
Only one Shisui's eyes have mind-control power AND it has to be activated with cooldown. So I'm betting it falls under the Utility MS category.
1) Shisui's eye was not an MS, his genjutsu ability was a unique Sharingan trait (presently unclear as to why he had the ability)...

2) Since it is a unique ability to a Sharingan (and not a MS), it seems probable that both eyes had the ability.

Quote:
That's the case with Sasuke/Itachi, but is that really the case with all MS eyes? Up for debate.
All we have is Sasuke and Itachi (which is a hell of a lot better than back when we only had Itachi and a few data book entries that most did not want to acknowledge ). All theories must stem, in part, from the information we have from Sasuke and Itachi (as well as the data books). In the end, from what we know, one technique is a ninjutsu and the other is a genjutsu, we can't simply start creating theories and ideas based around what we want to be true...

Quote:
He used it multiple times in one sitting. Also, his shock when he realize Danzo is using such a forbidden jutsu determines that this is not the case. Further, Youndaime exist in the time before the Uchiha slaughter. Had all high level Uchiha-clan ninjas have this teleport technique, I doubt he'll be known as the Konoha Yellow Flash.
Unless the technique is a unique ability to Madara's eyes only (similar to Shisui's mind control)...

In the end until I actually see the MS used in conjunction with the technique I am not willing to simply accept it as a MS jutsu...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote