View Single Post
Old 2007-02-12, 00:17   Link #52
ShadowMercenary
Obsessive GA Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg4619 View Post
I read that statement before. The impression I got was that Broccoli USA contacted Broccoli (Japan), who remains in touch with Company O.

My conclusion is a bit of an assumption. However, for them to have to check with the Japanese office for updated info seems to imply that the head office is handling the whole deal rather than the American subsidiary.
Yeah, it's the only logical assumption to make. But like I said before, I know that BROCCOLI keeps in good contact with their American counterpart. They constantly exchange information and I'm sure news like this would be announced. The comment I quoted from was just icing on the cake, as far as I see. Unless they are trying to deny the existence of thier co-workers which would seem rather strange. It seems rather humorous if they really are simply saying, "We don't know how these people are" to hide the idea that the game really is being translated. And I doubt Shizuki Yamashita would bother doing anything of the sort, if only to help people not to be misinformed.

Quote:
I know. I was actually supporting your point with my post. To phrase things clearer, I meant to say that even if Broccoli USA didn't exist (leaving no English-speaking employees within the organization), they could easily find someone else to convey information in English. Many Japanese companies do exactly that.
My fault, I misintepreted your statement there. But what you're saying does make logical sense. If there was no BROCCOLI USA around, then there would be some form of site created to announce things like this. No U.S. release of a game would just be performed without any form of announcement.

Quote:
Agreed. There're many obvious problems with this thread, from misunderstanding of licensing to misunderstanding of NDAs.
Yes, it would just be left to leave the information exchange to the official sites. Though I can never truly debunk this myth, it seems I can at least turn people away until something can actually be officially stated. Until then, I'll let Miss Tsukishima get the final word on my points. Then from there, we can let sleeping dogs lie or something may further develop.
ShadowMercenary is offline   Reply With Quote