View Single Post
Old 2012-03-25, 15:05   Link #37
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Regardless of which production studio will handle the animation, Key has already shown that it's pretty demanding in terms of how the story will be animated, and I'm sure that they will expect the anime to be handled in an exacting fashion. Even if a less-respected studio gets the project, I think it will definitely be given the "A Game" treatment.

Again, I think people often blame animation studios for decisions that actually have more to do with the production committee and key staff involved (who in many cases don't even work for the animation studio). So even if, say, a J.C.Staff or a Deen were given the animation contract, what matters most is who will be directing, who will be writing, and who will be drawing the character designs. No doubt Key will be heavily involved in that selection process. It's not going to be a case like back in the day where they just throw the project over the fence and other people take care of things with little care shown for how faithful it is to the original. Key knows by now what its fanbase wants.