View Single Post
Old 2008-05-04, 14:58   Link #67
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagedanji View Post
So short animes just can't cut it? Those dates are incorrect anyway.
Yes, they have no chance. See Maria-sama ga Miteru.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
As you can see though, luck also plays a major role in this. The CG girls simply didn't have a chance with some of the opponents they were up against. But given that the series had time to grow, I believe that CG is now overall a stronger group than in the past.
My point exactly.

And if I recall correctly, Code Geass was being hailed the biggest thing since Gundam by the end of 2006, so it's clearly popular by now (not now, but then.)
Hopefully, the recent airing of Code Geass R2 won't change anything about that though.

Your point also works the other way:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
A win is a win........ or so they say.
Yeah, unfortunately, that's true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Either way, I wasn't trying to question your earlier comment, I was simply saying that series mojo helps out a lot of characters..... including the favorites around here.

So, I dont believe that C.C. only made it as far as she did on series mojo alone, just as I dont believe Shana making it as far on moe alone.
Obviously .
If a character did well based on moe/GAR/loliness alone, Shana wouldn't have won SaiLoli, Souseiseki would have never been a runner up, and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann:SaiGAR::Code Geass:SaiMoe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I'm going to assume happy because Hina won, and sad because Jun was knocked out of the contest. (Or is it sad because Jun got 443 votes more than he should have? I do wonder if I'd vote Jun, just as I question if I'd vote Mako-chan if he was in this sort of contest.)
I'm happy because Hina sweeped, but I'm sad because the troll in me wants to see Jun progress.