View Single Post
Old 2008-05-21, 04:29   Link #37
escimo
Paparazzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by D2D View Post
I'm usually not a fan of photos, but I have to say some of yours are really great! Good job on that, very nice to look at.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
Hey, congratulations! Does it come with... a pay raise? Planning on buying any neat new photography stuff? I'm planning on picking up an extension tube and a macro lens soon... and maybe one of Olympus' new low-range zoom lenses. Can't wait to get in on the macro photography scene.

Either way, media stuff is way funner than marketing. Enjoy!
Yup. It comes with a pay raise. Not a huge one though but none the less. There are a few perks as well. Money is not a huge issue here though. Nothing seriously wrong with my current salary especially considering that it's a very basic sales/customer service job. I'm not planning on spending rest of my days in the company I'm currently working for and the new job is a really nice addition to my CV so for that alone it's a good opportunity. Not to mention that the job itself is far more interesting even as I probably won't get to stretch my creative muscles very much at the beginning. The material I'll be working on pretty much sucks at the moment design-wise so if I get to do something about that at some point I'm a happy camper.

One thing I'll be buying quite soon is Canon 50mm F1.8 II prime. Excellent lens and costs less than 100€.
I'm also thinking of buying something in a 10-20mm focal range and a replacement for the PoS 18-55 EF-S. I was thinking of Tokina 16-50mm F2.8 and 11-16 F2.8. Roughly 450-500€ apiece so I won't be buying both at once so I have to decide which I'll buy first. Probably 16-50. I really need a new monitor as well since my current one pretty much sucks more than a vacuum cleaner as far as color reproduction etc. is concerned. Not very rewarding trying to do photo retouching or graphics... We'll see how much money I have to throw around and what I'll go for first.

I'll be dedicating part my summer holidays to photography. Haven't been able to do anything in a while because of my quite insane schedule. It's been quite a month or two. Just bought a new apartment and somehow managed to move my stuff in last weekend and now a new job. My head is spinning...

I was thinking of writing a couple of photography tutorials as well. A cheapskate's guide to basic studio photography and a B/W photography basics guide. We'll just have to see when I have the time to do that. The B/W basics guide is a bit easier job since I don't need a huge setup for the example photos so I'll probably do it first.

BTW. Still waiting to see your B/W shots.
No rush. I'm just a bit impatient kind.

Last edited by escimo; 2008-05-21 at 12:23.
escimo is offline   Reply With Quote