Thread: Choppy anime
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-31, 23:34   Link #15
Green²
It's bacon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Harris View Post
How does disabling hardware acceleration work in windows 7?
For reference: http://imouto.my/watching-h264-video...cuda/#tutorial

To take for example of MPC-HC tutorial step 2 – "setting up MPC-HC 'Internal Filters'" from the above link, you'll see something under the Transform Filters list in which you can select H264/AVC DXVA. That would need to be unchecked as one way to prevent GPU (DXVA, etc.) acceleration under that player.

Another one is if using ffdshow, some folks were working on something back then that included some DXVA decoder. If it is working and is enabled within the ffdshow video decoder control panel, you would also need to disable that there if should that come up as one of the active external filters when playing a video in MPC-HC.

For the video choppyness though, you should probably try some different video output renderers from the video player settings configuration (within MPC-HC, VLC, etc. ) to see if that would make any difference. ...Video outputs like EVR, madvr, gl. VMR9 was always choppy for me long in the past. If you still can't get anywhere with these players, lachs0r’s mplayer2 builds for Windows I found to be a pretty good player alternative.

*Edit*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Harris
I've noticed that this also happens while gaming and watching "live" video. Short of re-installing windows is there anything I can/should try?

*Edit* I've also tried viewing the same files under a Linux partition and the problem persists.
namaiki is probably more spot on though. I myself would question the monitor configuration. Those could sometimes have a setting within its user settings configuration that could muck things up.

Last edited by Green²; 2012-05-31 at 23:52.