Thread: Civilization V
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-24, 18:01   Link #97
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

It's long yet it's a lot shorter than a usual Civ run, lol. Will edit comments as I watch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
I was like "why are you appeasing the Portuguese when their spies keep ruining your day?" And then I saw you beelined Liberalism and chose Nationalism and I was like, oh.

Too bad you're weren't fast enough to finish Military Tradition for the first war. Fortunately their pillaging didn't do much long term damage with your armies of workers you made to cut down on all that jungle.

At the end of Part 6 I imagine you were like "revenge!" But I'm wondering if you could demand some techs or gold out of them before you declare war? I'm not entirely sure how it works but sometimes having a huge military force (like your cavalry horde) next to the enemy's borders make them...pliable. Then I attack them anyway.

...what did the Mongols ever do to you? XP

Well aside from Genghis being a pain in the butt especially if you are unlucky enough to be his early game neighbor.

But I wonder if you're neglecting infrastructure a bit building those huge overseas expeditionary armies? I'm kind of an infra-whore in that I really don't like to see green and red faces in my key cities. That and I can't stop building wonders, wonders, and wonders, and if I want to build lots of wonders I need high hammer buildings -- which means I need health buildings to back it up.

Then again, if you're aiming for a domination victory you're well on your way there.

You went through all that warring to win a Diplomatic Victory!?

I've never really fought a modern war in Civ before (I rarely finish Civ games, and by that point I would be aiming either for the space race or a UN victory). You said it wasn't your best war in the description -- but how do you properly fight a modern war?

Last edited by Irenicus; 2011-07-24 at 19:22.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote